Semiahmoo Band Uniform Requirements/Description:
The Semiahmoo Music Society, not the school, owns all uniforms.
We also maintain them – repairing and replacing as necessary and
dry-cleaning at the end of the year.
Each item has a serial number and MUST be returned at the end of the
school year. Every student is responsible for the return in good
condition of the items assigned to him or her. During the year, it is
the student’s responsibility to keep the uniform in presentable
condition ( clean and pressed ) for all performances.
Each ensemble has their own uniform. They are as follows:
- Grade 8 Concert Band: White shirt and red tie
- Grade 9 Concert Band: White shirt and blue tie
- Senior Concert Band: White tuxedo shirt, black vest,
- Grade 8 Jazz Band: Black shirt and red tie
- Grade 9 Jazz Band: White jacket, black shirt, blue tie
and pocket puff
- Grade 10 Jazz Band: White jacket, black shirt, black
silver tie and black pocket puff
- Grade 11 Jazz Band: White jacket, white tuxedo shirt,
black bowtie, shirt studs and black pocket puff
- Grade 12 Jazz Band: Black jacket, white tuxedo shirt,
white bowtie, shirt studs and white pocket puff
*From the waist down, everything should be black.
All students are required to provide their own Black Dress Shoes, Black
‘Dress’ Pants and Black Socks or stockings.
Shirts are to be tucked in with all buttons done up. No rolled up
sleeves or undone top buttons. The ties must also be done all the way
up. Vests are to be buttoned up as well with the exception of the bottom
button on some.
What Not to Wear !!!
Jeans, white socks, running shoes, white shoelaces, track or yoga style
Thank you from the
Semiahmoo Music Society Uniform Coordinators